It’s time to celebrate!
Australian Teacher Aide Appreciation Week is the perfect time to celebrate the wonderful work our teacher aides do in schools. Whether it’s a a thank-you note, a small gift or a virtual morning tea, the week-long celebration gives schools plenty of time to acknowledge, appreciate and recognise the positive impact of teacher aides in the lives of students, teachers and families.
In the spirit of appreciation, we are gifting all educators free access to 5 of our amazing member resources. Log in or create a free subscriber account to access these resources during Appreciation Week, from 30 August - 3 September:
- Step Up Stand Tall – Changing the Mindset of Paraprofessional Educators, presented by Taryn Riles, 2020 Australian Teacher Aide of the Year
- Tools and Strategies to Build Resilience and Cope with Adversity, presented by Patty Duque, Mindset Coach
- The Importance of Teacher Aides in Supporting Social Inclusion in Schools, presented by Professor Susan Balandin, Deakin University
- Maximising Student Outcomes at Oak Flats High School, presented by Jo Opie, Oak Flats High School
- How to Avoid Burnout - A Guide to TA Wellbeing, presented by Stella Liliendal, Australian Teacher Aide
Appreciation Week is also the culmination of the Australian Teacher Aide of the Year Awards, when we reveal the winner of the Team Award and announce the 2021 Australian Teacher Aide of the Year.
The team at Australian Teacher Aide has put together some great Appreciation Week resources to support you in your celebrations.
Remember to send photos or photo collages of your celebrations to us - firstname.lastname@example.org - as we would love to share, vicariously, in the party!
You can also share your celebrations on social media using the hashtag #AustralianTeacherAideAppreciationWeek
This year, Australian Teacher Aide has partnered with our friends over at Twinkl. As a huge thank you to Teacher Aides for the dedication and the wonderful work they do, Twinkl is running a special offer during Australian Teacher Aide Appreciation Week by making all Twinkl content FREE Monday 30th August until Friday 3rd September. All you have to do is make sure you are signed up for a free membership and your account profile (career) is set to ‘Teacher Aide’. To sign up, simply head over to Twinkl and off you go.
Win ATA polo shirts for your TA team, plus a 12 month school membership with ATA.
Inspire us with a short video about your teacher aides. Here are some ideas:
- Showcase your teacher aides at work
- Share your Appreciation Week celebrations, whether they be virtual or face-to-face
- Tell us what it is that you value most about your teacher aide team
You don’t need any fancy equipment; smart phone video footage is perfectly fine (with good sound).
Send your entry in mp4 format to email@example.com along with your name, contact number and school name.
All entries must be received by Thursday 2nd September.
Time to brush up on your video skills and start doing what educators do so well - creating!